Internet access is available for free through public use computers and Wi-Fi at all Wichita Public Library locations. All users must comply with the Library's
Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Using Computing & Internet Services
- Use your library card number and password to log onto a computer. If all computers are in use, you may reserve the next available PC from a self-service station (where available) or at the nearest service desk.
- Only one computer can be assigned per library card.
- A child may sign up using the parent or legal guardian's card.
- Computer sessions are granted for 60 minutes. There is no daily limit on computer time; however, if someone reserves your computer, you will not be allowed to extend your time and must reserve the next available PC upon the end of your session.
- Files stored on library computers are automatically deleted at the end of each session. Library staff can recommend options for saving files created or modified on Library workstations.
- The Alford, Angelou Northeast, Evergreen, Rockwell, and Westlink branches each have one ADA workstation.
At the Advanced Learning Library, the wireless network name is
ALL-PUBLIC. At all other locations, the wireless network name is
Wichita Public Library.
To use the Wi-Fi, log in with your library card number and password.
All Wichita Public Library computers run the Windows 10 operating system and have the following software:
- Accessibility software
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader XI
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
- Windows Media Player
Advanced Learning Library Computers
Computers at the Advanced Learning Library have the following additional software:
Need help using the Library's computers or online resources? Consider a
Book a Librarian session.