Job Purpose: This adult volunteer position assists library staff with unpacking and checking in of library material from deliveries and processing and shelving delivery hold requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Deliveries Assistants are expected to:
- Unpack delivery boxes
- Use the library’s computer system to check in material and process requested material
- Shelve processed requested material on holds shelves, shifting and straightening the shelves as needed
- Work efficiently, making good use of time
- Abide by all volunteer, library, and city policy and procedures
- Age 18 or older
- Computer experience
- Ability to file alphabetically
- Ability to work a regular schedule
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn new tasks
- Professional demeanor
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Applicants may apply for multiple shifts.
Working Conditions:Must be able to work in a busy, active environment without distraction.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and kneel for long periods of time with reasonable accommodation. Must be able to push a cart weighing up to 250 pounds.