More About Alford Branch Library
The Lionel D. Alford Regional Branch Library first opened its doors on April 5, 2003. As the newest Wichita Public Library location, was the first to offer self-check, and is the only to feature drive-up hold pickup service. Alford is also Wichita's largest branch library, boasting 18,390 square feet.
The branch was named for late Boeing executive Lionel Alford. The building's design, from the roof to its support beams, is meant to invoke thoughts of aircraft. The children's area is named in honor of Richard Rademacher, former Director of Libraries (1976-2000).
Robyn Belt Alford Branch Manager
- 9 general use public computers
- 2 Early Literacy stations
Drive Up Window
- Return items without leaving your car
- Pick up your hold requests
- $1 per page
- Outgoing only
- Local or long distance within the United States
- Two study rooms with seating for up to four people
- First come, first served